- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
xAPIs and IoT Frameworks: The Future of Mobile Learning
mLearnCon 2015 - June 11, 2015
General Manager—Technology Solutions
The coming explosion of the Internet of Things (IoT) will impact almost every aspect of human life. The integration of different sensors and wearable devices will play a key role in addressing some key challenges associated with mobile learning. However, to take advantage of these opportunities, it is important for organizations to understand the ways of bringing standards from both the IoT and mLearning worlds together, to enhance the overall learning experience.
In this session you will learn about different types of data sources, including sensors and other technologies, and how they will impact mobile learning. You will discuss several competing standards and platforms that need to be handled by IoT platforms and mobile learning applications together. You will discover how the IoT framework functions as an integral part of the solution, and you will also discover the importance and power of the xAPI in the implementation of IoT features for mobile learning.
In this session, you will learn:
- The impact IoT will have on mobile learning
- About IoT frameworks and specifications in the context of mobile learning
- From a case study how to visualize an end-to-end solution using IoT frameworks and xAPIs
- How to use the xAPI to bring data from different sensors and devices to LRS/LMS
- Key factors to be considered in IoT frameworks for mobile learning applications
Novice to advanced designers, developers, project managers, and directors.
discussed in this session:
Mobile, wearable devices, IoT frameworks, and the xAPI.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- National Learning Specialist - Instructional Design
King of Prussia, PA
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Instructional Designer
- Content Writer
- Learning & Performance Analyst
Oklahoma City, OK