- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
One Step Ahead: Consulting on Mobile Learning Strategy
mLearnCon 2015 - June 11, 2015
Senior Instructional Designer
Digital Design Senior Manager
Clients often ask for mobile learning solutions without considering whether mobile learning is the best fit for the business, instructional needs, and technology constraints. For a mobile project to be successful, instructional designers and managers need to be grounded in the fundamentals of mobile learning strategy. What questions should you ask when determining whether a mobile solution is the best fit? How do you educate your clients on the advantages and disadvantages of mobile learning?
In this session, based on real-world experience and examples, you will address the mobile learning questions to ask as you move through the engagement process with your clients. You will explore the entire engagement timeline, from initial conversation to potential solutions to needs analysis to design, including the similarities and differences for consulting when mobile learning is involved. You will leave this session able to understand and present the best options for your internal and external clients.
In this session, you will learn:
- The right questions to ask in a needs analysis for a client seeking a mobile solution
- The signs that a mobile learning solution is (or is not) the best fit in a particular situation
- How to educate clients on what a mobile solution is (and is not)
- How to present your analysis and recommendations to your client
Intermediate designers, project managers, managers, and directors.
discussed in this session:
Tablets, smartphones, iOS, Android, Storyline, and stand-alone apps.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Training Assistant (LMS)
New York, NY, USA
- E-learning Instructional Designer/LMS Specialist wanted
- Training Development Specialist
- Training Developer (Instructional Designer)
Los Angeles, CA/USA
- Distance Education Program Manager