- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
News Flash: Adopting Agile Requires a Culture Change. Are You Ready for It?
mLearnCon 2015 - June 11, 2015
As more and more people are adopting agile-based development methods, the single biggest thing TorranceLearning hears is, “I’ve got to get my team/clients/boss/SMEs on board with this, or it will fail miserably.” You do need to get your team, your clients (internal and external), your boss, and your SMEs on board with this—because if you do not, then yes, it is likely to fail miserably. Agile is more than a project management method. It is a culture.
In this session you will learn from agile project management developed specifically for instructional design and development projects. You will dive deep into case studies that show how agile changes an organization’s culture and how to bring that change about. You will learn how agile solves many of the sticking points with the old waterfall-based approaches to projects. You will explore the importance of communication, communication, getting results, and communication.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to describe agile project management methods to your clients, teammates, and stakeholders
- How agile methods resolve inherent shortcomings of traditional methods that project sponsors are used to
- How to choose a project for your first agile engagement based on criteria for success
- How to build a culture that supports an agile project team
- How to obtain the tools and supplies you need to manage your first project using an agile session
Novice to advanced designers, developers, project managers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
Agile project management.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development
- Instructional Designer (Epic)