- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Using the xAPI and RFID to Create Personalized Interactive Learning
mLearnCon 2015 - June 11, 2015
Tracking the learning experience in typical eLearning scenarios is one thing, but how do you track the learning experiences of students scattered throughout a museum for their science field trip? Personalized learning is a growing interest in the workplace, but an understanding of the technology and path to get there is lacking. What are needed are examples of personalized learning in practice.
In this session you will explore a case study of personalized learning built using the Experience API (xAPI) and RFID. You will discover how RFID badges easily track which students are present at an exhibit. You will explore how content is then delivered via iPad displays and how xAPI enables you to report the interactions back to their teachers. You will discuss how TorranceLearnin g used an iterative development process to learn everything from good instructional design for kids to ideal hardware configurations. You will learn from the company’s mistakes and successes and discuss how you can apply this same model to your own learning environment.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to apply a similar use of technology across various use cases
- How to identify situations in which a similar model would work
- How to evaluate whether your project would benefit from a similar structure
- From TorranceLearning’s mistakes and successes
Novice to advanced designers, developers, project managers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
The xAPI and RFID.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Training Assistant (LMS)
New York, NY, USA
- E-learning Instructional Designer/LMS Specialist wanted
- Training Development Specialist
- Training Developer (Instructional Designer)
Los Angeles, CA/USA
- Distance Education Program Manager