- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Designing eLearning User Interfaces for Mobile Delivery
mLearnCon 2015 - June 11, 2015
Speaker, Author, Award-Winning eLearning Designer
It’s hard enough to get learners to engage with the content of your eLearning course. The issue is compounded even further when learners can’t figure out how to use the course or it’s too difficult to use on a mobile device. All too often, new eLearning designers put their focus solely into designing the learning content, while at the same time ignoring the interface it’s encapsulated in. This leads to confusion on the part of the learner and disrupts the learning process.
In this session you will explore three simple rules for designing an eLearning user interface that promotes engagement, interaction, and learning on mobile devices. Using real-life examples, you will learn how simple interface changes can remove visual distraction and redundancy. You will examine common pitfalls of mobile eLearning design. You will leave this session able to improve your eLearning courses by removing user interface distraction and promoting intuitive action by the learner.
In this session, you will learn:
- How bad user interface decisions distract from the learning process and affect mobile delivery
- Three rules for designing effective mobile eLearning user interfaces
- How to visually distinguish interactive elements from your course content
- How to promote intuitive action by the user through visual cues
Novice designers and developers.
discussed in this session:
Articulate Storyline and Articulate Studio.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
You do not have access to this video. Please log in or join with a free membership to view this video.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Digital Learning Specialist, Learning & Development, CS
Los Gatos, CA
- Instructional Designer / E-learning Developer
San Diego, CA
- Sales Engineer
Boston, MA pref; possible remote
- Instructional Designer (remote)
- Learning Designer