- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Using Mobile Technology to Support Students
mLearnCon 2015 - June 11, 2015
DeMaND Project Director
United Tribes Technical College
The DeMaND Project is a consortium project funded by the Trade Adjustment Assistance Community College and Career Training program that trains students for careers in skilled trades, including welding, construction, HVAC, electrical, CDL, and heavy equipment. The project works with students from areas with chronically high unemployment and generational poverty. Students have difficulty entering the workforce and retaining employment. The project needed a mechanism to help students learn about job opportunities and stay connected with their instructors and one another, and to support students toward employment.
In this session you will learn how the DeMaND Workforce project worked with reliable coders to design a mobile tool to help support students transitioning to the workforce. You will explore how the tool provided a collaborative space for students to talk about careers and challenges, stay connected with their instructors and others at the college, and talk with students at other colleges in similar programs. You will learn lessons from United Tribes Technical College’s experience that can be applied to your own mobile projects.
In this session, you will learn:
- How a consortium of colleges worked together to develop a mobile support system for students
- How mobile technology can be used to support students transitioning from training/education to the workforce
- About early outcomes of student use of the mobile supports
- How your college or organization might use the collaborative platform developed by this project
Novice designers, developers, project managers, and managers.
Technology discussed in this session:
Bootstrap, PhoneGap, Android, and iOS devices.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Enterprise LMS Administrator
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development