- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Captivate Mobile Viewers with Good Microlearning Video Scripts
mLearnCon 2015 - June 12, 2015
Senior Project Leader
The Aerospace Corporation
Although microlearning videos are often described as less boring and tedious than their longer workplace training counterparts, brevity alone does not accomplish this. The key is to begin with really good scripts that spell out precisely what you plan to produce, including visuals, narration, dialogue, action, and more. They are essentially design documents with content rolled into one.
In this session, you will explore the specific characteristics of microlearning videos for mobile viewers and discuss why you need to take these into account when writing scripts. You will view and critique different videos, offering insight into what engages viewers and why. You will also describe the elements of a well-written script and how to take optimal advantage of the microlearning video format. You will leave this session with simple, easy-to-implement tips and tricks to extend the useful lifetime of any video product.
In this session, you will learn:
- The characteristics of a well-written script
- How to write to take optimal advantage of the microlearning video format for mobile viewing
- How to increase engagement through conflict and contrast
- Ways to increase the lifetime of products by implementing a few simple tricks
Novice and intermediate designers, developers, project managers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
Smartphones, smartphone cameras (both photo and video), video cameras, video editing software, iMovie for iOS, YouTube , Adobe Voice (iOS app), Visme app, YouTube Capture, and Project Expresso.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager