- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
We Are Ready for a New LMS. Now What?
DevLearn 2015 Conference & Expo - October 2, 2015
Director of Learning Programs
Learning Center Manager
American Physical Therapy Association
Your organization has a mature learning program facilitated through the use of a learning management system (LMS). But now the technology powering the current system constrains your organization’s evolving strategic needs for business growth. Your team may have begun looking for technology solutions or started drafting a wish list, but what are your next steps?
Through the lens of two case studies, you will learn the best practices and lessons learned by two nonprofit associations. The first one gives an overview of the American Physical Therapy Association’s efforts to migrate 1,400 courses and 100,000+ users to a new LMS. The second highlights the Society of Human Resource Management’s efforts to select an LMS vendor dependent on a larger technology initiative to build a unified shopping cart and change pricing models for the eLearning product. You will take away practical and scalable solutions to migrate data from your current LMS to a new system and learn strategies for facilitating organizational change and managing the expectations of your team, vendors, and stakeholders.
In this session, you will learn:
- What criteria to consider when selecting a new LMS for your organization
- How to effectively lead the organizational change
- Project management techniques and communication strategies for stakeholders, vendors, and your team
- How to develop a transition plan for both internal and external stakeholders
- Common pitfalls to avoid when you are in the trenches of data migration
Novice and intermediate designers, developers, project managers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
Learning management systems.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager