- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Learning with Friends: Best Practices in Adopting Social Learning
DevLearn 2015 Conference & Expo - September 30, 2015
Director of Global Learning Operations
Cannon Financial Institute
Social learning allows organizations to realize the benefits that eLearning promised 20 years ago. Social is flexible, cost efficient, and allows experts in an organization to directly connect with learners. Employees are already using social tools already with zero training required. How can training professionals leverage tools their employees already know how to use?
In this session, you will learn how social learning is bridging formal and informal learning and how training professionals can capitalize on the existing knowledge of their employees. You will explore how firms can use video in collaborative ways to diagnose and improve performance by combining behavioral metrics with productivity metrics to provide business leads and training managers with powerful insights. You will learn about the six drivers of change that have disrupted learning: technology advancements, access to free learning assets like massive open online courses (MOOCs), need for innovation, shift to a focus in skill development over knowledge distribution, changing workforce demographics, and the increased ability to measure productivity.
In this session, you will learn:
- Why social learning is key to inspiring collaboration and sourcing innovation
- How to use social learning for distance coaching and peer learning
- How to measure social learning by blending behavior, data, and performance analytics
- How to use social learning in formal and informal learning applications
Novice to advanced designers, developers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
Bloomfire, Coach’s Eye, Salesforce Chatter.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Training Assistant (LMS)
New York, NY, USA
- E-learning Instructional Designer/LMS Specialist wanted
- Training Development Specialist
- Training Developer (Instructional Designer)
Los Angeles, CA/USA
- Distance Education Program Manager