- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
The ABCs of xAPI: Lessons Learned and Shared
DevLearn 2015 Conference & Expo - September 30, 2015
VP, Business Development
The Experience API (xAPI) has been in production for more than a year now, and it is becoming more important for training and development teams to learn the ABCs of this important new set of technologies and approaches to tracking and reporting.
In this session, you will learn what xAPI is and what it isn’t. You will learn how statements are generally structured, and how it is typically being put into practice. You will explore how xAPI is being leveraged by progressive organizations to improve the learning experience, streamline tracking, perform common tasks, and drive engagement. Finally, we will look at the myriad challenges. Just because it’s out there doesn’t mean your team will have the right platforms, tools, practices, and mind-set to take advantage of all the features (attributes) and benefits xAPI has to offer.
In this session, you will learn:
- The basic structure and tools that comprise the xAPI approach, including statement syntax, construction, and management
- To determine which platforms and tools are xAPI ready and how they can be used in an existing learning environment
- To balance when to use xAPI over Sharable Content Object Reference Model (SCORM) and whether they are mutually exclusive
- New use cases to apply tracking to nontraditional learning assignments and interactions
- The new technical challenges to overcome with learning management system (LMS) integration, security, and mobile access (especially when offline)
Novice to advanced designers, developers, project managers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
xAPI , Learning Record Stores.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library