- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Level Up Your eLearning with Game Elements
DevLearn 2015 Conference & Expo - September 30, 2015
If you’re in the world of eLearning, it goes without saying that you’ve probably heard the term gamification thrown around quite a bit. But what does it mean for your eLearning projects? Is it as simple as leaderboards and badges? Fundamentally, gamification is about applying game elements and gaming techniques to otherwise static content, with the intention of making that content a little more fun, engaging, and impactful. These days, designing game elements and applying gaming techniques to eLearning content doesn’t have to require a lengthy design and development timeline, nor the use of complex programming tools.
In this interactive session you will learn how to apply simple game elements and gaming techniques to your eLearning using Storyline 2. We’ll walk through the use of some of Storyline’s most powerful features, including variables, triggers, states, animation, and sliders to add some simple, game-like interactions to your eLearning.
In this session, you will learn:
- The difference between games and gamification
- How to identify the right content for a game
- Best practices for planning your game interactions before you build
- How to use variables, triggers, states, animation, and sliders in Storyline 2
Intermediate and advanced designers and developers.
discussed in this session:
Articulate Storyline 2.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development
- Instructional Designer (Epic)