- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
This Time It’s Personal: Retaining Human Connection in a Digital Age
DevLearn 2015 Conference & Expo - October 1, 2015
We use eLearning and other technology platforms because they are cost effective, easily accessible, provide a consistent learner experience, and increase our geographical reach. Unfortunately, it is quite easy to lose the human connection that is so critical to the engagement of employees and learners.
In this case study session, you will learn about the design and development of leadership and professional development programs at the Spectrum Health University and get several tips and tricks to keep your content personable. You'll also discover how the organization stays “high touch” with participants through its roles, social collaborative platform, and learning experiences—a collection of instructor-led classes, eLearning modules, and online discussions. You will leave this session with insight into how to engage employees through a personal approach and take back some practical measures that can easily be incorporated in your organization.
In this session, you will learn:
- How dedicating a role focused on relationships can impact participant engagement
- How to leverage available technologies to help you be more personable
- Why you should establish a brand for your department
- The importance of utilizing your own people (employees) as faculty and/or facilitators
Novice to advanced designers, developers, project managers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
Social collaborative platform (Jive), eLearning development tools (Adobe Creative Suite, Lectora, Articulate Storyline), iPads, GPS units, cameras.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development
- Instructional Designer (Epic)