- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Micro-learning Video on a Shoestring
DevLearn 2015 Conference & Expo - September 30, 2015
Senior Project Leader
The Aerospace Corporation
Micro-learning has gotten huge over the last several years. Micro-learning, particularly video, offers huge benefits, including that it fits into available time slots in busy schedules and that it’s inherently mobile. From the organizational perspective, it can also be much faster to market, more focused, easier to maintain, and more scalable than its macro counterparts. The challenge, however, is for organizations to take advantage of this format. How can it be produced quickly and affordably, and how can it scale to engage the whole organization?
In this session, you will learn the attributes of the micro-learning format and dissect production into three distinct phases. You will learn how to streamline production through intelligent, up-front planning by using a variety of online and common tools to produce the assets needed and by simplifying the post-production/editing phase. Finally, you’ll explore ways to intelligently scale the medium by empowering all employees in the organization. The session will be heavily supported with micro-learning video lessons produced for The eLearning Guild’s Learning Exchange.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to produce micro-learning video inexpensively
- How to produce micro-learning video quickly
- How to focus micro-learning videos for optimum effectiveness
- How to plan well but also be prepared to capture assets for micro-learning products when opportunities arise
- How and why narration can save micro-learning video projects
Novice to advanced designers, developers, project managers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
iPhone video, iMovie, Visme, Project Expresso (animated sketches from an iPad app), voiceover recording, digital video, YouTube, and The eLearning Guild’s Learning Exchange.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer for Learning Platforms and Universal
Hamilton, NY, USA
- Distance Education Program Manager
Albany, New York, USA
- Learning Designers/Developers/Project Managers
- Sr. e-Learning Developer
- Technical Training and Development Specialist
Bedford, MA, USA