- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Copy. Paste. Repeat. Stop!
DevLearn 2015 Conference & Expo - October 2, 2015
Do you spend more of your time copying and pasting from one content format to another than you do creating new instructional materials? Do you have to deliver the same information for more than one learning deliverable? If you answered yes to either of those questions, then it’s time to reclaim your time and use a single source for your content.
This session will introduce you to the Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) as the single source for your learning content. You’ll learn how to separate the content creation and maintenance from its delivery using a single XML source to create and update the content. You will discover a strategy that can enable you to work more efficiently, develop consistent content, and improve quality all while supporting content delivery using the existing delivery methods, learning-management systems, printed materials, slides, web sites, and mobile apps.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to implement your instructional design with structured content
- How to create and manage content in easily-updated chunks or topics
- The process to produce deliverables from XML in multiple formats, including slides
- How to update the content in one place in the source and deliver it via multiple methods
- The basic strategy to align content to learning objectives
Intermediate designers, developers, project managers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
XML, XML editors, DITA, and DITA Open Toolkit.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- Learning Experience Designer
- Learning Manager E-Learning - East Coast US
East Coast, USA
- Medical Billing Trainer
Fort Washington, PA
- Part-Time Instructional Designer/eLearning Developer
Boston, MA, USA