- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Solo Workers and Just-in-Time Learning
DevLearn 2015 Conference & Expo - October 1, 2015
Sr. Director and Badge Lead
The number of freelance workers is expected to grow to more than 50 percent of America’s workforce in the next decade. An urgency has arisen to define, create, and articulate credentials that document alternative learning experiences and directly correlate with the skills required in the project-based job market. How can employers determine which soloists have the capabilities and experience that the work demands? And how can soloists showcase their capabilities and achievements so potential employers can reliably identify them?
In this session you will learn about alternative credentials where digital badges promise a level of transparency and verification that will remove some of the friction in the emerging labor market. Discover how IBM, Microsoft, and other organizations use digital badges to motivate, track, and recognize a variety of learning outcomes. You will come away from this session understanding how and why to incorporate digital badges in your own learning and development programs.
In this session, you will learn:
- The importance of creating learning experiences that clearly align with in-demand labor market skills and how badges can serve as an infrastructure for doing so
- How to identify badges that support new solo worker models and those that do not
- How corporations, certification, training programs, and community colleges are using badges to create an unrivaled transparency of skills
Intermediate and advanced designers, developers, project managers, managers, and directors.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer for Learning Platforms and Universal
Hamilton, NY, USA
- Distance Education Program Manager
Albany, New York, USA
- Learning Designers/Developers/Project Managers
- Sr. e-Learning Developer
- Technical Training and Development Specialist
Bedford, MA, USA