- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Content Wrangling: Applying Content Strategy and Information Architecture
DevLearn 2015 Conference & Expo - October 1, 2015
We have all experienced huge courses, documents, and texts that are barely manageable by the instructional designer. In fact, much of how we design courses and documents makes it impossible for an employee to find the one piece of information they need at the time they need it. Since content is so dense, it makes finding meaningful information difficult, and it makes tracking anything useful in it even more difficult.
In this session you will explore the big picture of what technology is capable of today. You will dive into practices that will extend the lifespan and reduce the headache of how we create and manage content. You will learn tips on how to create content that is easier to track, can be used in many different areas (including mobile), and helps to populate more meaningful reports, both for management and the designers. You will discuss the value that content management systems and learning record stores play in forward-looking technology infrastructures.
In this session, you will learn:
- How today’s technologies make creating content easier and more effective for designers
- How today’s technologies make accessing content easier and more effective for workers
- How you need to structure content so that it works on all devices
- Why the LMS alone isn’t the backbone of your technology infrastructure
Novice to advanced designers, developers, project managers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
LMS, CMS, LRS, the xAPI.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- SuccessFactors LMS Administrator.
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Project Manager
- Instructional Designer/Developer
Remote (or Chapel Hill, NC)
- Senior Software Engineer - Node - eLearning company