- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Be Concise: Designing for On-the-go Learners
DevLearn 2015 Conference & Expo - October 1, 2015
Senior eLearning Designer
Johns Hopkins Health System
eLearning designers are often faced with complex training topics that are difficult to deliver concisely. The results are lengthy courses that are counter to the needs of today’s learners, who need to be extremely efficient with their time. To deliver learning to this audience means being very concise in both content and course design, while still having impact and not sacrificing instructional integrity.
In this session you will learn a practical strategy for keeping learning concise while remaining impactful, engaging and retaining its intent. You will engage realistic examples of how measures have been effectively implemented during four stages of the instructional design process: 1. Identify appropriate learning objectives and exclude the extraneous objectives. 2. Manage stakeholder, subject matter expert (SME), and design team expectations. 3. Prioritize content into levels of must know, good to know, and nice to know. 4. Streamline the content, language, and course interface.
In this session, you will learn:
- A design process that ensures concise but effective eLearning
- How to get SMEs and your team on board with creating concise courses
- How to efficiently prioritize and manage learning content
- How to streamline the content, language, and course interface
- How to use learning assets to succinctly deliver content (e.g., interactions, games, visuals, analogies, infographics, etc.)
Novice and intermediate designers, developers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- National Learning Specialist - Instructional Design
King of Prussia, PA
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Instructional Designer
- Content Writer
- Learning & Performance Analyst
Oklahoma City, OK