- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Use a GoPro for On-the-job Training? Absolutely!
DevLearn 2015 Conference & Expo - October 1, 2015
As learning practitioners, we strive to understand the real life environment of experts as much as possible. But getting access to really see how they do their jobs when they are in a more technical or hands-on role (i.e., construction, refinery, factory) is difficult. Many times we can’t get access to use video or real-life images because of safety or clearance constraints. This poses a challenge as we try to create impactful learning materials.
In this session you will see how we can now equip subject matter experts with a GoPro camera that they can wear on their chests or hard hats and control it from our phones or tablets. You will see what it looks like within their environment and capture it in the form of a video to put into a course or as easy-access performance support. This session will show you how to quickly set up and use the device. You will learn how to help leadership understand the viability of this technology and set a strategy for success.
In this session, you will learn:
- How a GoPro can become another tool in your development toolbox
- How to discuss this as a viable option with a client (or a manager) and set a strategy for success
- How easy it is to set-up and learn how to use it
- Tips and best practices for success
Novice to advanced designers, developers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
GoPro, iPad, and iPhone.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer for Learning Platforms and Universal
Hamilton, NY, USA
- Distance Education Program Manager
Albany, New York, USA
- Learning Designers/Developers/Project Managers
- Sr. e-Learning Developer
- Technical Training and Development Specialist
Bedford, MA, USA