- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Don’t Let Your Interface Get in the Way of Your User
DevLearn 2015 Conference & Expo - October 1, 2015
Director of Global Learning & Instructional Design
It’s hard enough to get learners to engage with the content of your eLearning course. The issue is compounded even further when learners can’t figure out how to use the course in the first place. All too often, new eLearning designers put their focus solely into designing the learning content, while at the same time ignoring the interface it’s encapsulated in. This leads to confusion on the part of the learner and disrupts the learning process.
In this session, you will explore five simple rules for designing an eLearning user interface that promotes engagement, interaction, and learning. Using real-life examples, you will explore demonstrations of simple interface changes that removed visual distraction and redundancy. eLearning designers looking to improve their courses by removing user interface distraction and promoting intuitive action by the learner will learn five rules for designing effective user interfaces.
In this session, you will learn:
- How bad user interface decisions distract from the learning process
- Five rules for designing effective eLearning user interfaces
- How to visually distinguish interactive elements from your course content
- How to promote intuitive action by the user through visual cues
Novice to advanced designers, developers, and project managers.
discussed in this session:
Articulate Storyline, Articulate Studio.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development
- Instructional Designer (Epic)