- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
The Science of Attention, Willpower, and Decision-making
DevLearn 2015 Conference & Expo - October 1, 2015
A number of myths persist about people’s allegedly ever-shortening attention spans—but what does the science say? Neuroscience, behavioral economics, and consumer psychology all offer insights into how we manage and allocate attention. Additionally, our ability to manage attention and focus seems to be related to our abilities to allocate willpower and influence how we make decisions.
In this session you will learn what the current science says about how attention, willpower, and decision-making interact, and how that influences the design of eLearning environments. Having a deeper understanding of this topic will help you create more engaging and effective learning solutions.
In this session, you will learn:
- How cognitive load and glucose usage influence willpower
- How we allocate and manage attention
- How to engage learners’ attention and manage distraction
- How to use the principles of willpower, attention, and decision-making to create better eLearning
Intermediate and advanced designers and managers.
discussed in this session:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Learning and Development Specialist
- Instructional Designer I
- National Learning Specialist - Instructional Design
King of Prussia, PA
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Instructional Designer