- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Beyond Badges: Understanding Game Dynamics in the Social Age
DevLearn 2015 Conference & Expo - October 2, 2015
Author and Founder
Sea Salt Learning
Many applications of gaming in learning simply encourage competitive or game behaviors—they lack a focus on true learning or underlying game dynamics. The game dynamics are what power the experience and include aspects of generosity, collaboration, sharing, trading, perspective, and power.
In this session, you will explore ten different game dynamics and see how they can relate to social learning approaches, mobile learning approaches, and/or traditional training. Learn how to use gaming approaches to build coherence and trust in communities, as well as using micro-reward and input approaches to affect engagement over time. The aim of this session is to encourage you to think of more holistic and inclusive approaches that truly enhance competence, not just rewarding the gamers. This session is suited to people interested in how to design engaging and effective learning, regardless of the channel. It’s about the underlying dynamics of learning in the social age.
In this session, you will learn:
- How games truly work
- To recognize the risk of leaving people behind
- The ten underlying dynamics of games in learning
- How the ten dynamics can be applied
- The roles of kindness, fairness, and trust in game application
Intermediate designers, developers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
Various game sites.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager