- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
B.Y.O.L.: Building Interactive eBooks in Adobe InDesign
DevLearn 2015 Conference & Expo - October 2, 2015
Many organizations are still using paper-based guides, manuals, and job aids for day-to-day operations. Planning for additional printing costs throughout the year to accommodate frequent content changes is often the norm. Reliability can also be questionable, as older documents may not all be thrown out when replaced with an updated version. Some organizations have gone almost completely paperless, yet the electronic versions of the documents are still basic text, which doesn’t make use of the full potential of a virtual format.
In this hands-on session, you will gain the skills and practice needed to create interactive eBooks. You will learn how to format a document for multiple devices, integrate various types of media, and learn about alternative free and paid tools that can be used to develop and edit interactive eBooks. You will walk through a basic workflow to convert a simple document with a few simple media types to an EPUB file format that can be later made available for download directly to mobile devices with an eReader app installed.
In this session, you will learn:
- To convert print materials to an interactive, mobile-friendly format using Adobe InDesign
- To improve the quality of performance support materials by adding appropriate media
- To quickly deploy simple, effective, multiscreen mobile learning solutions in your organization
- To create native mobile content to support users who may not have consistent access to an Internet connection
Intermediate and advanced designers, developers, project managers, managers, and directors.
discussed in this session:
Session attendees must have Adobe InDesign installed on their laptop. Should also have a mobile device with an eReader application installed (such as Adobe Digital Editions, iBooks, or Kobo).
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer for Learning Platforms and Universal
Hamilton, NY, USA
- Distance Education Program Manager
Albany, New York, USA
- Learning Designers/Developers/Project Managers
- Sr. e-Learning Developer
- Technical Training and Development Specialist
Bedford, MA, USA