- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Reworking the Puzzle: How Kaplan Built a Smarter Learning Ecosystem
DevLearn 2015 Conference & Expo - October 2, 2015
Chief Learning Architect
L&D professionals are consistently being asked to do more with less while providing scalable training solutions that align to business needs. At the same time, employees are becoming increasingly accustomed to driving their own learning at home using popular technologies. By leveraging a mix of technology, instructional strategy, and organizational knowledge, L&D professionals can put employees at the center of the learning and performance ecosystem and, by supporting this shift in accountability through a focus on providing right-time, right-fit learning opportunities, truly do more with less.
In this case-study session you will learn how, during the past three years, Kaplan Higher Education Group evolved its learning ecosystem to address the need for rapid scalability while continuing to focus on the needs of the individual knowledge worker. You will gain insights on how to shift from a reliance on training events to awareness, influence, and expansion of an employee-centric ecosystem. You will explore popular cultural challenges and learn how to influence various stakeholders. You’ll leave with the knowledge needed to start expanding and integrating your own ecosystems.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to identify the elements that make up a learning ecosystem
- How to diagnose the health of your existing learning ecosystem
- To recognize the value of establishing a solid knowledge base for your learning ecosystem
- How to apply right-fit, scalable technology to align your ecosystem elements to how people really learn
- How to start the shift towards an employee-centered, self-sustaining learning ecosystem
Novice and intermediate developers, managers, and directors who understand the concept of a learning and performance ecosystem at a basic level and are familiar with blended learning solutions, knowledge management, and reinforcement training.
discussed in this session:
Confluence (wiki), Axonify (reiterative eLearning platform), Google+ (social media), Google Analytics (data reporting), and Adobe Connect (virtual instructor delivery).
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development
- Instructional Designer (Epic)