- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Making Sense of the New World of Digital Credentialing
DevLearn 2015 Conference & Expo - October 2, 2015
Interim Executive Director, IMS Digital Credentialing
IMS Global Learning Consortium
More than four years have passed since the inception of the Open Badges experiment, and in that time the concept of digital badges has moved steadily into the general consciousness. As this novel idea continues to evolve, so do its many opportunities and challenges.
Part technology, part conceptual approach, the digitization of representations of learning now touches upon such wide-ranging considerations as competency-based education and ePortfolios. IMS, a global, nonprofit standards organization, is working to make sense of these issues as they relate to education—from investigation into an extended transcript based on the Open Badges standard to the development of the currency framework that endeavors to define and highlight the value propositions inherent in digital credentials.
In this session, you will learn:
- How the badging initiative has evolved into the digital credentialing movement
- The broad definition of digital credentials, and why they’re increasingly valuable and meaningful
- What role competency-based education is playing in the development and recognition of digital credentials
- How IMS is helping to make sense of digital credentials—including badges
Novice to advanced designers, developers, managers, and directors.
Technology discussed in this session:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- SuccessFactors LMS Administrator.
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Project Manager
- Instructional Designer/Developer
Remote (or Chapel Hill, NC)
- Senior Software Engineer - Node - eLearning company