- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
You Don’t Need an App for That: EPUBs for Mobile Learning
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2016 - March 17, 2016
Senior Learning Producer
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Mobile is the new way of learning. Learners want it and companies want to provide it. However, app development can be expensive, especially if you are starting from a mostly print or standard eLearning model of training. Finding a way to give learners and organizations the mobile learning they want without breaking the bank is a must in today’s training market.
In this session, you will learn how EPUBs can be used as a low-cost solution for taking training content mobile. See how these digital books are able to support many of the same bells and whistles traditional eLearning interactions support. You will examine how digital books leverage the same inputs as traditional apps such as gestures, but cost a fraction to develop and maintain across multiple operating systems and devices. You’ll discover there is a slightly different design process required when building training for eBooks. And you will learn some great examples of how it’s done so you can try it yourself.
In this session, you will learn:
- Which platforms and tools are available for digital publication use
- The different audiences for each publishing platform and which best fits your audience
- Real world strategies from companies that use digital book platforms as part of their mobile strategy
- The do’s and don’ts of digital book publishing
Novice to advanced designers and developers.
discussed in this session:
Apple iBooks and Adobe Digital Publishing Suite.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager