- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Low-tech eLearning Solutions for Low-tech Environments
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2016 - March 16, 2016
Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
From its inception, distance learning at Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) has covered three priority areas: creating distance learning and blended learning courses, providing post-training support for IDI alumni, and integrating education technology tools into face-to-face courses. However, IDI has faced the significant challenge of battling an environment where prospective trainees have little-to-no access to fast, reliable Internet. To deliver full-fledged, online courses, IDI has used the open-source software Poodle.
In this session, you will learn how Poodle is being used to provide an offline virtual learning environment through preloaded USB flash drives. You will see how healthcare workers in rural areas benefit through this innovative, low-tech solution. You will learn how during the delivery of distance-learning courses, trainees can use the ATIC toll-free line to receive assistance on course-related administration and coordination. You will also learn how IDI has successfully used an SMS system through which trainees are sent quiz questions to provide follow-up to training.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to use Poodle for offline environments
- How to incorporate toll-free call centers to support distance-learning courses
- How to provide SMS-based follow-up of training
- How to understand the complexities of providing distance-learning opportunities in slow, unreliable Internet environments
Novice and intermediate designers, developers, and project managers.
discussed in this session:
Poodle, ATIC call center, and SMS.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Enterprise LMS Administrator
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development