- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Gamification Research: What the Numbers Reveal
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2016 - March 16, 2016
Professor of Instructional Technology and Director of the Institute for Interactive Technologies
Gamification is a hot topic, but where is the research to back up the use of gamification? Anyone interested in gamification for learning will be interested in seeing empirical results to be better informed about whether or not gamification is appropriate for their learning environment.
In this session, you will review material, prepared for submission to a peer-reviewed journal, highlighting correlation results, retention, and memorization data, as well as usage data related to the gamification platform of Axonify. This session will reveal correlation research related to gamification and highlights empirical results, linking gamification actions to retention and learning results. Data extracted from a database of over 250,000 users of a gamified platform will be examined.
In this session, you will learn:
- How gamification impacts learner engagement
- How gamification provides learning retention results
- Correlations between learner engagement in a gamification platform and on-the-job performance
- How gamification statistics confirm the use of gamification for learning
Intermediate managers and directors.
discussed in this session:
Axonify gamification platform.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development
- Instructional Designer (Epic)