- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
LRS: What You Need to Know Now
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2016 - March 16, 2016
Head of Technology Innovation
UL Compliance to Performance
You’re excited about the promise of the xAPI-enabled world, but you’ve still got a learning management system (LMS) and a host of SCORM-based courses that you need. But what if you could get the most out of both a LMS and a learning record store (LRS) at the same time?
In this session, you’ll quickly review what a LRS is and how it’s different and similar to the LMS you already have. You will tackle the big questions such as: should you work with a standalone LRS, a front-end solution for the xAPI with a built-in LRS, or a LRS that is aligned with your LMS and your current learning infrastructure? At the same time, you’ll explore considerations you’ll have to keep in mind when looking for an LRS the list of key questions to ask in selecting a LRS for your environment, and insights from early adopters in both the learning and infrastructure aspects of the xAPI.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to identify the benefits of a LRS, both in contrast to and in combination with your LMS
- How to choose from among three types of LRS options
- How to draw potential options for your next generation learning and performance infrastructure
- How to ask potential LRS vendors key questions to narrow your search
Intermediate and advanced designers, developers, project managers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- SuccessFactors LMS Administrator.
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Project Manager
- Instructional Designer/Developer
Remote (or Chapel Hill, NC)
- Senior Software Engineer - Node - eLearning company