- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Using Brain-aware Design to Make Training More Effective
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2016 - March 16, 2016
Chief Freedom Officer
Designing training without an understanding of how the brain works is a lot like trying to get somewhere without a map. Even if you eventually arrive at your destination, you won’t know how you got there so that you can do it again. Once you understand how the brain works, you can use the attention, engagement, encoding, and retrieval processes of the brain to make training that is more effective, takes less time to produce, and delivers more lasting results.
In this session, you will learn how brain-aware design can be applied to any learning or performance support project. You’ll also learn how to apply a toolkit of templates and resources to help you make learning experiences that teach the brain the way the brain wants to learn. You’ll gain practical tips on how to apply this brain science in your work.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to create learning materials that increase attention
- How to build learning experiences for maximum engagement by using the brain’s bias for social interaction and connection
- How to maximize retention and retrieval by teaching the brain how to categorize, file, and recall key points, skills, and concepts
- How to plan your next brain-aware project using the toolbox resources provided in the session
Novice to advanced designers, developers, project managers, managers, and directors.
discussed in this session:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Enterprise LMS Administrator
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development