- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Designing for Performance: Nine Critical Elements
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2016 - March 17, 2016
Director of Research
The eLearning Guild
University of Maryland, Baltimore County
In early 2014, Jane Bozarth’s husband was diagnosed with a large tumor perched atop his brain stem like a golf ball on a tee. The story of his surgery and recovery—“Performance Matters,” which appeared in The eLearning Guild’s Learning Solutions Magazine—became the most popular piece she’s ever published. This session will explore the story, its associated observations, and issues learned throughout relevant to L&D.
In this session, you will learn, from practical examples, the importance of human-centered design and systems design. You will learn how to address performance at the moments of learning need and the important ties between learning-practice-performance. The best L&D practitioners recognize that the performer is an actor in a system and the future L&D practitioner must design beyond the past limitations of the standalone course.
In this session, you will learn:
- The significance of human-centered design for both learning and performance
- How thoughtful and intentional design considers the interaction of all elements in a system (putting the S back in ISD)
- To consider the moment of learning need(s) when designing for learning and extended performance support
- Why designing beyond a discrete learning event will be a critical skill for L&D practitioners
Novice to advanced designers and managers.
discussed in this session:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager
- LMS Content Administration Specialist
Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA