- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Building a Culture That Supports Informal Learning
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2016 - March 16, 2016
Manager Learning Design
JetBlue University (JBU) has recently built a hotel for its employees going through training, and is in the process of implementing a new learning management system with a social learning component. Several of JBU’s workgroups are adopting iPads for use in their workflows. With all of these new opportunities for use in training, JBU needed to look at its current learning landscape, and determine if the current strategy supports where it wanted to go in the future as it relates to training and employee performance.
In this session, you will learn how JBU worked to determine the type of learning culture to transition to and how it helped each operational workgroup’s college to create their own learning strategy to support this culture. You will learn about the process to determine each colleges’ needs, which methods and media support those needs (particularly how it relates to informal learning), and how a budget was created for the tools and resources to support the new culture.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to transition to a different learning culture
- How to implement informal learning into regulatory and non-regulatory training programs
- The process to get buy-in for informal learning from skeptical leadership
- How to start with the need, rather than the tool/media, when building a learning strategy
Intermediate and advanced designers, developers, project managers, managers, and directors.
discussed in this session:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development
- Instructional Designer (Epic)