- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Copyright Trends and Finding Media Gems
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2016 - March 16, 2016
Copyright Educator and Author
Santa Fe Community College
Intellectual property law affects every stage of the development process. Yet it is daunting and complex. Trying to gain a working knowledge can be overwhelming. As a result, decision making is rooted in ignorance, fear, or frustration, none of which contributes to project goals. The continuing struggle to quickly develop content may lead you to infringe on someone else’s work, expose your work to an unpleasant legal action, or miss out on using free media to enhance your projects.
In this session, you will learn about copyright essentials through an entertaining snapshot of the law and recent cases. Learn how to protect your own work and apply legal concepts, such as the fair use doctrine, to everyday scenarios. You’ll become more confident finding sites that offer public domain, Creative Commons, and open access licensed works. Developing an applied understanding of copyright law and learning how to find media you can use will help you become more productive and focused as you maximize your financial and creative resources.
In this session, you will learn:
- Copyright law and fair use basics
- About recent and relevant court cases
- How to protect your work
- How to find online media you can use
- About Creative Commons licenses and which are most accommodating
- How to correctly attribute media you use
Novice to advanced designers, developers, project managers, managers, and directors.
discussed in this session:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager