- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Curation: How to Find the Best Learning Resources
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2016 - March 16, 2016
Learning 4 Learning Professionals
By now, learning professionals are likely convinced that curation should be one of their skill sets, and many articles have offered them advice on essential tools and the qualities of good curation. But the articles assume that everyone knows how to search for material on the Internet and how to find and vet a solid set of learning resources to recommend. It’s usually not as easy as typing keywords into the search box and picking a couple of items off the first few pages of results.
In this session, you will learn useful techniques to find the best learning materials using Internet-based tools. You will gain valuable tips and tricks, including: how to apply search techniques, how to use social sites to locate relevant links, how to uncover caches of resources from organizations, and how to find people with specific expertise. You will learn high level strategies for vetting finds, as more and more clients and learners are relying on learning professionals to help them find resources at the point of need.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to apply browser search tips to find and curate learning resources
- How to search social bookmarking sites (Diigo, Pinterest) for useful links
- How to find experts and resources in an unfamiliar field
- How to get past the filter bubble
- How to vet materials in a field that is not your area of expertise
Novice to intermediate designers, developers, project managers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer-Sales Training
- E-Learning Development Manager
- HR Analyst
Riverside, California, USA
- Instructional Designer
- Instructional Designer (Operational Systems Directorate)
Richland, WA, USA