- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
A Crash Course in Visual Design
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2016 - March 17, 2016
Learning Experience Design Consultant
Connie Malamed Consulting
Did you know that the visual design of eLearning, slides, and other instructional materials have a big impact on learner success? Well-designed materials can motivate learners, improve comprehension, and assist retention.
In this session, you will learn the power principles that will have the biggest impact on your designs. You’ll look into ways that you can apply each principle for maximum success. The goal is to quickly increase your visual design skills as much as possible in one hour. You'll be surprised at how much you can improve. You don’t need to draw well to improve your visual design skills; you need to learn the foundation principles and apply them.
In this session, you will learn:
- Why aesthetics are important to learning
- How to work with shapes, images, and fonts to communicate the right message to your audience
- Tips for laying out a slide or screen so that your designs look professional
- To ensure learners quickly see what is most important
- How to create a unified look that is attractive and pleasing
Novice to advanced designers, developers, and project managers.
Technology discussed in this session:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
You do not have access to this video. Please log in or join to view this video.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development
- Instructional Designer (Epic)