- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
What Will You Be Doing in 2025? The Changing Role of Learning
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2016 - March 17, 2016
Learning Architect/Business Advisor
As futurist Ray Kurzweil noted, “We are destroying jobs at the bottom of the skill ladder, we are adding new jobs at the top of the skill ladder. To keep up with that rising skill ladder, we need to make people more skilled. One methodology to do that is education.” To be enablers of the skill sets of the future, jobs in the learning profession will change.
In this session, you will learn about seven major trends that are likely to have a significant impact on shaping the world over the next decade, specifically: quantum computing, synthetic biology, the Internet of Everything, sensors/robotics/AI, big data, 3-D printing, and neurobiological advances. You will learn how each of these trends will influence developments and create new opportunities in the learning profession. You will also discuss some of the new roles in the learning profession that may be created in the future, such as: cloud scrubber, expression coach, learnbot programmer, and sensor coordinator. Will you be ready for this brave new world of learning?
In this session, you will learn:
- Seven key trends causing rapid and profound change in the world
- How those changes are impacting the learning profession
- New learning roles emerging to exploit the changing world
- The current level of acceptance and preparedness for these new roles
- Paths to expedite preparedness for the new roles
Novice and intermediate designers, developers, project managers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Enterprise LMS Administrator
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development