- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
A Curated Learning Journey: ePortfolios and Open Digital Badges
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2016 - March 17, 2016
Lead Instructional Designer
Designing open and digital badges for evidence presented in curated learning ePortfolios, endorses and verifies the claims that a learner makes in this digital narrative—these claims are made against badge criteria and standards that have been co-designed by key stakeholders in the learning journey. Dartmouth College designed and developed badging to track the portion of a course that focused on digital scholarship skills where students could receive both a grade and a badge for each assignment, which would earn a progress badge, and completion of an entire training sequence or practice sequence would earn a completion badge.
In this session, you will learn how the University of Notre Dame and Thompson Rivers University are now using ePortfolios and digital badges to allow learners to chart their own pathway through their learning career. You will learn about three case studies that explore badges, and ePortfolios that show evidence for a range of competencies and capabilities through artifacts.
In this session, you will learn:
- To examine, through case studies, how open and digital badge practice can build and leverage off ePortfolio research
- To investigate what badge claims look like in evidence-based ePortfolios
- To share and present the opportunities for open and digital badge researchers and practitioners
Novice and intermediate designers, developers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Training Assistant (LMS)
New York, NY, USA
- E-learning Instructional Designer/LMS Specialist wanted
- Training Development Specialist
- Training Developer (Instructional Designer)
Los Angeles, CA/USA
- Distance Education Program Manager