- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Using Big Data to Shape the Learner Experience
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2016 - March 17, 2016
Chief Product Officer
Organizations are increasingly looking beyond the confines of learning management systems. Where organizations were once focused on content delivery, they’re now switching to user-generated content and more social, connected learning experiences. As devices and sensors are added to the learning environment, datasets have marched toward the realms of big data. Yet, as is so often the case with data-driven strategies, connecting data with action can remain a mystery.
In this session, you will learn about the tools and methods that were applied to help learning organizations connect their various platforms together and start deriving actionable data insights. You will learn why it is becoming necessary for organizations to think strategically about how they share data between systems, how they avoid redundancy and replication, and how others are tackling big issues like identity and security. You will leave this session with an action and a code of practice for learning organizations looking to use big data.
In this session, you will learn:
- How other organizations are using big data in learning
- How to use a standard like the xAPI as part of your strategy
- How to tap into an organization’s data supply chain
- How to use data to recognize a wide range of achievements
- How to create actionable data
- About a code of practice for using big data
Intermediate and advanced managers and directors.
discussed in this session:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer for Learning Platforms and Universal
Hamilton, NY, USA
- Distance Education Program Manager
Albany, New York, USA
- Learning Designers/Developers/Project Managers
- Sr. e-Learning Developer
- Technical Training and Development Specialist
Bedford, MA, USA