- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
The Evolution of Work and Performance Support
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2016 - March 17, 2016
Chief Creative Officer
Training events often fall short of delivering results in the workplace. Training can be too far removed from application on the job, and in many cases there is a reliance on outmoded models that fail to take into account the dynamic environment of the modern workplace. The demand for information and action is accelerating. This paradigm requires a different approach to supporting performance and development, including real-time access to people, process, tools, and content, linked to the unique needs of the individual.
In this session, you will learn how certain US federal government agencies are transforming their initiatives from a learning event model to continuous development through the design and implementation of performance ecosystems. You will see real-world examples of ecosystem design and implementation, and will be able to evaluate your own initiatives through the lens of always-on continuous development. Some of your takeaways will include: measurable approaches to supporting multiple points of need within the workplace, from just-in-time to new skill development; and a short list of tools and technologies that are easing adoption.
In this session, you will learn:
- How government agencies are transforming their learning and development initiatives
- The constituent parts of a performance ecosystem, including formal and informal content, social media, and performance support
- The need for better tracking and measurement
- Where ecosystems have been, where they are now, and where they are going
Novice and intermediate designers, developers, project managers, managers, and directors.
discussed in this session:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer for Learning Platforms and Universal
Hamilton, NY, USA
- Distance Education Program Manager
Albany, New York, USA
- Learning Designers/Developers/Project Managers
- Sr. e-Learning Developer
- Technical Training and Development Specialist
Bedford, MA, USA