- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Beyond the Event: Journeys to Demonstrated Knowledge
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2016 - March 17, 2016
VP of Solutions & Consulting
It’s a daunting challenge to transition from individual contributor to frontline leader; a challenge that requires new leaders to develop what can be a bewildering variety of new skills. To succeed, new leaders must practice those skills on the job, but few actually do. As a result, many leadership development programs focus on providing great training events only.
In this session, you will learn about a framework for developing frontline leaders that puts demonstrated proficiency first. You’ll learn how new leaders collaborate with their managers to work through journeys. You will learn how within each journey, a behavioral assessment is used to gauge their capability and about the move to training with a real focus on practice on the job. You will see how a series of short and structured moments of truth with managers are used to successfully review practices and progress. This session will provide you with an insightful overview of how to develop an engaging learner journey for proficiency in leadership development.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to identify the pressures that drive leadership development programs to be organized around events
- How to identify the shortcomings of an event-based model
- How to develop a journey-based model
- The roles and responsibilities required to execute a successful journey-based model
- How technology can enable organizations to manage the complexity of journeys
Intermediate and advanced designers, managers, and directors.
discussed in this session:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- eLearning Instructional Designer
- Content Writer
- Learning & Performance Analyst
Oklahoma City, OK
- Learning Experience Manager, Technology & Operations
Foster City, CA
- Technical Training Specialist
Reading, PA (Can be any Company location in N. America)