- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
The xAPI: What Does an Instructional Designer Need to Know?
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2016 - March 17, 2016
As adoption of the xAPI begins to take hold, the convergence of working and learning offers instructional designers the opportunity and the challenge to do more than ever before. The xAPI allows for more robust and interesting tracking of the learning process, including learning that happens outside the LMS and on the job. As an instructional designer, are you ready to step up to this challenge?
In this session, you’ll get a brief introduction to xAPI and what’s new about it from the instructional design side. You’ll also learn about three key areas that impact instructional design: identifying learning data needs, data sources, and meaningful visualizations that answer organizational and L&D questions; making choices about infrastructure—how and when to work with your LMS, your LRS or both; and models for taking advantage of the xAPI across a variety of learning vectors—formal and informal, social and private, formative and summative, and predictable and variable.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to identify new challenges in work as an instructional designer
- How to describe the impact that xAPI can have on an organization’s learning and performance strategies
- How to identify data needs and likely sources within an organization to meet them
- How to choose one or more first projects that leverage the xAPI’s capabilities beyond what’s available in SCORM today
Intermediate and advanced designers, developers, project managers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- National Learning Specialist - Instructional Design
King of Prussia, PA
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Instructional Designer
- Content Writer
- Learning & Performance Analyst
Oklahoma City, OK