- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
SMEs: From Smackdown to Nirvana
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2016 - March 17, 2016
Learning In The White Space
VP Instructional Design Services
Dashe & Thomson
Subject matter experts (SMEs) are the lifeline of work for instructional designers, trainers, and facilitators of learning. SMEs bring the content to life and provide both relevance and context. However, it can often seem like you and your SME are speaking two different languages, causing the instructional design process and, more importantly, communication to break down. How can you work better with and coach SMEs through your design and development processes to better ensure a positive working relationship and, most importantly, a successful learning initiative?
In this session, you will learn methods for improving communication between you and your SMEs and ways to change up the questions you ask to improve the responses you receive. You will explore how to employ a coaching framework with SMEs and the importance of speaking their language—losing the instructional design lingo and jargon you’ve become accustomed to. You will find this session interesting and entertaining as you explore the various types of SMEs you’ll encounter.
In this session, you will learn:
- Methods for improving communication between you and your SMEs
- Possible ways to change up the questions you ask the SMEs to respond to
- A coaching language and framework
- How to replace instructional design lingo and jargon for improved clarity
Novice to advanced designers, developers, project managers, managers, and directors.
discussed in this session:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager
- LMS Content Administration Specialist
Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA