- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
B.Y.O.L.: Your Teaching Is Getting in the Way of My Learning
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2016 - March 17, 2016
Senior Learning Consultant
Xerox Learning Services
Manager, Efficacy & Research
Many speakers have aptly discussed the need for experiential, problem-based learning. These talks leave educators, consultants, and designers excited and motivated for change. But still, they are left wondering what makes experiential learning successful? And, even more, they don’t know how to effectively use technology when implementing experiential learning.
In this session, the experiential learning process will be modeled by presenting a problem to the group. The session will build curiosity, engagement, and skills that you can use again in your own training environments. You will look at questions, including how you can identify the behaviors that learners need to learn and how you can create an experience that will effectively ensure the learners can perform. You’ll learn four guiding principles to ensure that learning does happen. You will walk away with a course outline for a topic that uses experiential, problem-based learning.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to use essential questions as a foundation for learning
- Key principals to designing experiential learning
- How creativity fits into the experiential opportunity
- How to complete a design task for an experiential learning session
- How technology supports experiential learning
Novice and intermediate designers, developers, and project managers.
discussed in this session:
Learning portals, corporate MOOCs, and mobile approaches.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development
- Instructional Designer (Epic)