- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Integrating Performance Support and Instructional Design
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2016 - March 17, 2016
Marc Rosenberg and Associates
There’s lots of talk about replacing training with performance support, and in many cases, it’s a great idea. But what about the times when you need both? How do you incorporate performance support within a training context? How do you use instructional design to get the best of both worlds, and why should you do it? Ideally, your clients should be clamoring for performance support. But in reality, if an independent strategy can’t get traction, perhaps it’s time for a more unified approach.
In this session, you’ll explore the rationale and key approaches to improve performance support adoption through a more cohesive instructional design framework. You’ll learn about key instructional design principles for incorporating performance support into training and various scenarios for using training to support performance support. You’ll also explore the potential pitfalls you could encounter in this journey.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to take the best advantage of the sweet spot between performance support and training
- Six instructional design principles for incorporating performance support into training
- Six scenarios for using training to support performance support
- Six pitfalls to avoid when linking performance support and training
Intermediate and advanced designers, developers, managers, and directors.
discussed in this session:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer-Sales Training
- E-Learning Development Manager
- HR Analyst
Riverside, California, USA
- Instructional Designer
- Instructional Designer (Operational Systems Directorate)
Richland, WA, USA