- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Interactive Film: Immersion in Learning
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2016 - March 17, 2016
Head of Learning Design
There is plenty of research about the increasing use of video to engage learners and drive performance. The thirst for video content is effectively shown in some startling stats: YouTube is the second-most used search engine with over 1 billion-plus unique users every month; and online video is forecast to account for 60 percent of all web data by 2020. When video is the most popular, shareable form of media content, how can you explore the learning opportunities the technology affords?
In this session, you will explore various techniques and practical insights learned from working with this technology. You will also explore concepts from learning and instructional design, psychology, and technology. You will learn how certain forms of video narrative and interactive enhancement lend themselves to certain learning requirements, such as how flow states can be induced in learners through certain techniques. You will leave the session understanding how these elements interact to create rich, engaging learning experiences.
In this session, you will learn:
- About advances in technology that let L&D professionals enhance the learning potential of instructional videos with interactive technology
- What types of interactive video are suitable for certain types of learning need
- How certain situational cues can be manipulated via interactive video to induce flow states in the learner
- How to create an immersive learning environment, combining both storytelling and games
- How to employ game development processes, such as pace, scoring, video/graphical interactions, and fun
- How to use storytelling techniques and how to create a production process distinct to interactive narratives
Intermediate to advanced designers, developers, project managers, managers, and directors.
discussed in this session:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager
- LMS Content Administration Specialist
Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA