- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Copyright or Copywrong?: The Quick and Dirty Guide to Getting It Right
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2016 - March 17, 2016
How often are you faced with the dilemma and the questions: “Can I use this?” or “Where can I find images, video, music, and audio I can actually use without violating copyright?” With so many media assets, such as images, video, and audio readily available online, it can be a headache to figure out what you can use for a project and what is restricted by copyright. How can you ensure you are working within the legal guidelines, but still get the job done?
In this session, you’ll take a high-level overview of copyright and intellectual property and focus on the practical application of finding works you can use. With a primary emphasis on usability rather than the restrictive nature of copyright, you will be empowered to find high quality, legally compliant resources. You’ll walk away with resources, including a decision-making flow chart, and websites that have already approved the use of their content.
In this session, you will learn:
- The differences between copyright as it applies to non-profit and commercial entities
- When you can re-use something found online and when additional permission is needed
- What Creative Commons licensing is and why it’s important to you
- How to find Creative Commons-licensed works
- How to properly provide attribution when using a Creative Commons-licensed work
- About websites and resources that provide open access and public domain works available for free use
Novice and intermediate designers and developers.
discussed in this session:
Open Attribute plugin.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library