- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Blast from the Past: 21st-century E-ccelerated Learning
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2016 - March 18, 2016
Director of Learning Services
Russell Martin & Associates, a Moser company
With the dazzle of technology and tools, it’s easy to get distracted from the basic question: “What will the learner be able to do after the experience that they can’t do now?” Return to the days of accelerated learning and rediscover the nuggets needed to design learning that drives retention and fun by honoring the unique needs of each participant.
In this session, you will learn about Howard Gardner’s work in multiple intelligence and Ned Hermann’s (and Ann Nedhi-Hermann’s) work in brain dominance, as well as current memory and brain theory. You’ll learn to apply this research to simple ways, regardless of the technical limitations, to drive learning retention. Graphics, color, animation, and dazzling authoring tools are important, but only if learning occurs and performance changes. Step back from the technology and think about how to drive retention.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to leverage research to design the sequencing of learning experiences
- Memory research-based design strategies to drive retention of learning
- Audience analysis techniques using story grids
- How to map Hermann brain dominance strategies to audience roles
Novice designers, developers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development
- Instructional Designer (Epic)