- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Learning Makeovers: From Boring to Engaging
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2016 - March 18, 2016
Learning Technology Strategist
The classic eLearning lesson forces participants to read slide after slide of textual content and take an evaluation when completed. Employees retain just enough to pass the test, so they can check off yet another mandatory course. As a rule, employees dread this kind of learning but consider it a necessary evil.
In this session, you will see before and after makeovers, which demonstrate how to use scenarios and meaningful interactions to engage employees in the learning process and put the learning back into eLearning. You’ll learn best practices for making your lessons practical, useful, and effective for your audiences. By applying the principles of instructional design, producers can inject life into even the most mundane topics. The final 15 minutes will be a case study where a learning objective and scenario are presented, and you will brainstorm ideas on how to engage the learner through interaction.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to promote learning by doing
- How to build learning with scenarios, rather than on dry principles and facts
- How to convert a monologuing click next lesson into an engaging tutorial
- How a learner can have fun while completing mandatory lessons
Novice and intermediate developers.
discussed in this session:
Articulate Storyline and ZebraZapps.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Training Assistant (LMS)
New York, NY, USA
- E-learning Instructional Designer/LMS Specialist wanted
- Training Development Specialist
- Training Developer (Instructional Designer)
Los Angeles, CA/USA
- Distance Education Program Manager