- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
The Science of Attention, Willpower, and Decision-making
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2016 - March 18, 2016
A number of myths persist about the alleged, ever-shortening attention spans of people, but what does the science say? Neuroscience, behavioral economics, and consumer psychology all offer insights into how attention is managed and allocated. Additionally, the ability to manage attention and focus seems to be related to the abilities that allocate willpower and influence how decisions are made.
In this session, you will learn what current science reveals about the interaction of attention, willpower, and decision-making, and how those interactions influence the design of eLearning environments. You will explore how to engage learners’ attention and manage distraction. You will leave with a deeper understanding that will help you create more engaging and effective learning solutions.
In this session, you will learn:
- How cognitive load and glucose usage influence willpower
- How attention is allocated and managed
- How to engage learners’ attention and manage distraction
- How to use the principles of willpower, attention, and decision-making to create better eLearning
Intermediate and advanced designers and managers.
discussed in this session:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
You do not have access to this video. Please log in or join to view this video.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Enterprise LMS Administrator
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development