- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Learning: The Foundation of a Strong Workplace Culture
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2016 - March 18, 2016
Chief Learning Architect
Every workplace has a culture. However, the real culture within an organization often doesn’t resemble the mission statement and core values posted in the hallways and on the company’s website. And, if eLearning or knowledge is included in the company’s values, this tends to refer to limited, formal training events, or tuition reimbursement. Learning professionals must understand the foundational impact their efforts can have on the organization and its culture—everything from the way work is done to how employees relate to customers.
In this session, you’ll explore the value of continued learning as the foundation of a strong workplace culture. You’ll evaluate the traditional influences on organizational culture and how learning can positively influence these elements. You’ll also explore the simple ways some of the world’s most successful companies, including Google, Pixar, Kaplan, and Atlassian, have leveraged the value of learning and performance improvement to transform their cultures and position themselves for long-term success.
In this session, you will learn:
- How learning impacts the elements that make up a typical workplace culture
- How to assess the relationship between learning and culture in your organization
- Methods used by some of the world’s most successful companies to position learning as a cornerstone of their cultures
- How to adopt an organizational approach to learning that empowers every individual employee
- Practical steps you can take to begin strengthening your organization’s culture through continued learning
Novice to advanced managers and directors.
discussed in this session:
Back to Library