- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
You Decided To Be a Freelancer. Now What Do You Do?
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2016 - March 18, 2016
Founder and Principal Instructional Designer and Developer
Tilak Learning Group
While there are webinars that talk about what you should consider before becoming a freelance consultant, there remains the challenge of what to do once you make the choice to become a freelancer. In other words, what do you need to put in place to protect yourself and your new business, and how do you thrive in a competitive landscape?
In this session, you’ll learn about the pros and cons of direct and subcontract-type work, as well as the basics of selecting the type of business to form, why you should create a webpage and portfolio, and the types of business insurance you should consider, and why you should create a webpage and portfolio.
In this session, you will learn:
- About the two types of freelance work and the pros and cons of each type
- About the three types of insurance you should consider having as a freelancer and describe what each type covers
- The different types of businesses you may register as and why you should register as a business
- The benefits of creating your business webpage and portfolio
Novice to advanced designers, developers, and project managers.
discussed in this session:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- National Learning Specialist - Instructional Design
King of Prussia, PA
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Instructional Designer
- Content Writer
- Learning & Performance Analyst
Oklahoma City, OK